Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thoughtfulness

Philippians 2:4
"...do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."


Receiving presents on Christmas can be fun and exciting! It’s even better when the people who give them are thoughtful about what they give and how they give them. My husband and I have been wanting to get cabinet doors for our home for a few years, now, and the desire has only been heightened by our very mobile one-year-old. We found a place where the price doesn’t change for the amount of doors you do, so we could do a few at a time, and they fabricate just the door, so you can install them yourself. One of our gift-givers went to this place, opened an account for us, and put some money in it toward our cabinet doors. We were so totally stoked!

I, personally, would never have thought to go and open an account for the recipient. It just wouldn’t have crossed my mind. I would have given them the money and called it good (which I’m not dissing). However, I thought it was so thoughtful they personally went down there and also made sure everything could be tracked for our convenience. The fact there’s an open account even provides for the possibility of others contributing to it.

I thank God He created thoughtfulness, so people can better show His love by going above and beyond. It makes a person feel truly cared for. I am also thankful and glad for the thoughtfulness God shows me. May I be more thoughtful toward God, and through Him, toward His people.

Who would be a great candidate in your life to provide something thoughtful, and what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment