Thursday, February 7, 2013

Smiles

Romans 8:28
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." 


Smiles can come out of nowhere and catch you by surprise. Pleasant surprise.

I often stay up a little while after my husband with the light on to read or some such in bed. He graciously puts on a sleep mask and proceeds to enter the world of dreams. Sometimes he will start “awake” and say something to me, or ask a nonsensical question (which usually makes me smile). And sometimes he’ll “wake,” smile at me, then turn over and go back to sleep.

Last night was such a night. He even added a kiss in my direction. There was no reason for it, nothing to precipitate it, he simply smiled at me. I felt special (the kiss also helped) and, in turn, it made me smile, too.

God uses smiles like that in my life to remind me He loves and cares for me. It could be a random stranger I walk past who flashes me a smile, or my one-year-old son’s grin as I walk into the room, or my husband starting from sleep to smile at me. God knew a smile right then would make me feel loved. I am thankful for how God works through smiles.

Have you smiled lately? God is causing all things to work together to make us more like Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment