Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grins

Proverbs 15:30
“Bright eyes gladden the heart;
Good news puts fat on the bones.”

I have officially received my first heart-melting welcome home smile from my nine-and-a-half month old son. It’s really quite amazing how much joy those little faces can convey. I can’t believe how special I felt when he gave me that adorable little grin with a touch of laughter. I just had to go snuggle my little man. I am so thankful for his little grin. It might not “make it all worth it,” but I would say it comes pretty close.

I think I will always treasure that moment - but I know there will be more. I can’t quite wrap my mind around being able to come home to that little grin so often as once a day; it almost feels sinful to feel so special. You know, like really good chocolate... or cookiedough, in my case.

What I can’t wait for is the day I will be able to give Jesus that grin. He will be the one welcoming me home, but there’s no way I’ll be able to keep a grin off my face when I finally get to see Him face-to-face. (Once I get over the awe, I’m sure.)

Jesus’ death for me on the cross was a lot more to go through than what I do in bringing up my son. I can’t make all of that worth it to Him in any way - it was worth it to Him for His good pleasure. But I do hope in some small way, my little grin might be able to “make it all worth it.”

What are some things that make it all worth it for you?

1 comment:

  1. Today was the first day Levi spent with Gramma. I came to pick him up and he could hardly contain himself. He grabbed me,hugged me,started sucking on my cheek... melted me to nothingness.

    ReplyDelete