Friday, June 28, 2013

Help


Today was a busy day at work.  We had a memorial service for which we had three or four days’ notice, our children had an outreach event, I had the bulletin to create for Sunday’s service, and we had several more phone calls than usual, as well as a few visits from people for various reasons.  I wasn’t worried about it, but I had known ahead of time that it would be a full day.

Not too far into it, my grandma called and asked if I would like to go out for lunch.  She happened to be in town and realized that it was lunch time, and spontaneously decided to see if I’d like to go with her.  Who could turn that down?  

I knew it wouldn’t take more than my allotted lunch time, so I enjoyed a brief outing with her.  When we returned, she began to get an inkling of the load of work I had for the day, and offered to help.  Now who could turn that down?

I had originally thought that I would have enough time to get everything done myself, but as the day progressed - and more interruptions and tasks needed to be performed - I began to realize that I would have had to stay pretty late if she hadn’t stayed and helped me.  The way the Lord works just makes me smile.

I am thankful for the help that the Lord knew I needed and provided for me in an impromptu visit from my grandma today.  A pleasant surprise and a loving embrace from my Savior all in one package.  Isn’t the Lord good?

No comments:

Post a Comment