Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Traction Tables


If you’ve never heard of a traction table, it’s a machine you will often find at a chiropractor’s office.  You lie on the table and it has a series of three rollers that move from your hips toward your neck in succession to help offset the downward pull of gravity on your spine.  It feels quite nice, and usually helps my body for the rest of the day.

Today, after my chiropractic adjustment, I even felt my blood flow improve a little while on the traction table.  The rollers' action feel so nice, and it's mentally soothing to know that my body is receiving regenerative care.  It can be hard sometimes to not give in to the angst produced by the usual pain of fibromyalgia, and thus think that my body is just constantly degenerating.  Doing good things for my body can help to alleviate that battle.

I am thankful that God gave me the opportunity to use a traction table today, and for the good that it did my body.  I pray for the day when God will heal my body - whether He chooses to use “modern medicine,” a miracle, or my physical death and “reincarnation” into a new eternal body.  His timing is perfect, and I am thankful that His timing for today included an experience of a little alleviation.  To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment