Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Reality of Truth


This one is a bit difficult to explain, but I’ll do my best.  When I think of faith in God, and I consider a godly life, I have an ethereal idea of what that looks like.  It seems a bit romantic, perhaps, in the emotions that surround it.  Less so in the love sense and more so in the story sense.  It’s surreal.

I don’t really want to live a life in the surreal, and that is actually a fair struggle in my spiritual walk.  Yet, no matter how surreal it seems, when I actually walk in the reality of God’s Truth, there’s nothing surreal about it.  It is fully alive, tangible, and that moment feels as though it is the most real moment of my life.  God’s truth is reality.

I am thankful that living a godly life isn’t like some surreal story; that I don’t have to be someone I’m not, and that His people are just like me.  I thank God for the reality of His truth.  May I learn each day how to better live in that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment