Saturday, June 1, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Journaling


I find that when God tells me things during the week, by the time I go to write about them, I’ve lost what it was He said.  Has God ever told you something that you forgot?  I’d check your pulse if you haven’t.  He has a lot to say sometimes.

I really need to put a pen in my nightstand so that I can start using the journal that’s next to my bed for notes.  The truth is, the information wouldn’t only be useful to blog about later; I could really stand to remember some of the things that He’s revealed to me.  The more I think about them, the more likely I am to remember them - especially during the time(s) to which they apply (if that time isn’t ever-present).  So I’ve determined to be more intentional about writing down what God shares with me.

In fact, I think I’ll keep a journal in my backpack, too, for quick reference during the day.  If you don’t already do this sort of thing, I would greatly encourage you to join me.  I’m already excited about what God will do through it.  May He bless us as we seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment