Friday, July 5, 2013

Relationships


Relationships are what drive us.  Whether it’s our relationship with our family, our friends, our coworkers, or - most importantly - with God.  We seek purpose and fulfillment in them:  the recognition of our accomplishments at work, the affirmation of and time spent with friends; the cohesion of and love from our family.  These are all good things... until I place my hope and worth in them.

My relationship with God should be foremost at all times.  It is so easy to get caught up in the dynamics of the relationships in life and to let them take precedence.  They can be most enjoyable (as was His intention)!  However, when my focus shifts away from seeking His will within my relationships, I start to feel empty.  Earning recognition or affirmation or any of that means nothing when confronted by God’s Grace.  When my relationship with Him is set, all others fall into place, and not only is my part in those relationships clearer, but those relationships have more meaning.  He puts everything in perspective - a joyous perspective.

I am thankful for the relationships around me, but I am most thankful for my relationship with God.  It is He who sustains me; He who watches over me at all times.  He is the keeper and protector of my soul.  Life is so much richer in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment