Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Remote Deposits


If you aren’t sure what a remote deposit is, it’s a check deposit into your bank account with your phone.  You just snap a picture of the front and back of a check you’ve received, and fill out a couple bits of information about the check through an application from your bank on your phone.  Since I don’t have much extra time on my hands, I have become a fan of remote deposits.

I’m busy in the morning (usually with my family) and I don’t get off work until 6:00 p.m., which means I’m usually not available when the bank is open.  It can be quite awhile before I get a check deposited.  I usually only receive checks when someone pays us back for something, which means that I front the money in the interim.  While it isn’t usually a big deal, it does offer peace of mind to not front that money for an extended period of time.

I am thankful for remote deposits, that God has used them in my life to take care of deposits faster, which is better for our finances.  The creativity that He grants the human race can be fun to watch.  I don’t think I ever would have thought that a remote deposit was possible before discovering them!

No comments:

Post a Comment