Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Clean House


My husband is on his three week break between summer school and the fall semester.  He decided to stay home alone with the kiddo today, and see how things went.  He FaceTimed me a couple times so that my nearly two-year-old could see me, and I heard tell of the difficulty to get things done while he watched him.  This, I most definitely understood.

After work, I filled my gas tank, picked up some groceries and came straight home (a rare occurrence, mind you).  When I walked in the door, I found that my husband had cleaned the carpet and the couch, washed the dishes, and now planned on making dinner.  I could get used to this.  

If that’s his idea of not being able to get anything done, I wonder what it must look like to get things done.  Maybe my expectations have just lowered since discovering first-hand what it is to take care of a small child and still try to get other things done.  I admit, I don’t think I’d have ever tried to clean the carpet with the little man up and about.

To come home and find all of that done was quite a blessing to me, and I am thankful for the work my husband put in to present me with a clean house.  We will be hosting my birthday party soon, and having the carpet cleaned was something that I had desired, but hadn’t dared hope to achieve.  Yes, my sweetie deserves a shout-out for having achieved it while our son was up and running around.  I will certainly enjoy my clean house!

I praise the Lord for my husband’s servant heart, and I pray that I might be able to be as much a blessing to him as he is to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment