Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Love is Nigh


There’s a poem I wrote a few years ago that is resonating in my mind tonight.  It’s called “Love is Nigh” and I think that it sums up my feelings for God at this moment.

Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
His gaze is ever upon me.
Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
Cast away your sorrow and worry.
Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
His light sears through my darkness.
Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
His presence reassures my soul.
Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
His grace and mercy surround me.
Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
His life restores my own.
Rejoice, oh my soul,
For Love is nigh –
‘Tis Christ: my Light and my Life.
He is all.  All that I need; all that I could want; all that I should live for.  “...Christ is all, and in all.” (Colossians 3:11c)  His gaze is ever upon me, so I need not worry.  He lights my path and the darkness that lurks in my heart; that light, though sometimes painful, is reassuring.  In His mercy, He gives me grace in the midst of my dark sin and restores life and freedom to my soul.  He is the very thing that gives me true life.  He Loves me.
I can never thank Him enough for that love, and I rejoice in the knowledge of His presence.  He is always near.  He will never leave, nor forsake, His children.  May we revel in that glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment