Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lunch Breaks


I used to be of the opinion that a lunch break was really just in the way of my work.  To stop and take a break interrupted my work flow.  I have, however, come to appreciate the time to step away from work, and have been thankful for the time to walk around the lake.  Today, I really needed to read my Bible as I struggled emotionally.  My lunch break was the perfect time to do it.

I struggled with anxiety and depression a bit, and as I read the Psalms (Psalm 100 and thereabouts), my focus began to redirect.  Reading my Bible was a wonderful reminder of the God whom I serve, and of the praise and thanks that He is due.  It was the beginning of a turn-around from the downward direction that my day had seemed to be heading.  There wasn’t an immediate happiness, but the joy of the Lord crept through that dark cloud.

I am thankful that I had a lunch break during which I could meet my need of reading His Word.  I pray that I would continue to clasp that focus of the awe, wonder, and grace of God.  He even gave me a Beautiful View to top off my day.  What an amazing God I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment