Friday, July 19, 2013

Creativity


Creative nectars flow to
Reveal a world of
Endless possibilities in
Alternative forms to
Treat the mind and
Induce thought.
Vivid renderings of
Imagination coalesce in
Testament of the boundless thoughts of
Yahweh.

I am so thankful for creativity.  In it, God created the ability for variation without end:  He gave us an endless source of entertainment; an incredible teaching tool; His amazing, varied, and inexplicable creation all around us; the ability to express things that words cannot... the uses of creativity are as endless as its methods of implementation.  Creativity is, to me, one of the easiest ways to see the glory of God made manifest that I can call to mind in a tough moment.  I can grasp the concept of its immensity, its boundlessness - and God created it.  That means that He is even greater, even more boundless than creativity.

Certainly, creativity can be perverted to sinful use; lies and deception are the first things that come to mind.  Yet God is still sovereign, and “...causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God...” (Romans 8:28).  He is still greater than anything in or of this world.

So I strive to reveal that testimony of His glory in my own creativity.  I seek to share His world of wonder.  Can you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment