Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Audiobooks


My husband and I haven’t listened to an audiobook for a little while, but we do rather enjoy it.  I, personally, love to read books, but my priorities have needed to be elsewhere for quite some time.  Since my husband and I are in the car a lot, it works well for us to be able to listen to an audiobook together.  

We enjoyed the first two Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss, as well as some of the Reacher series by Lee Child.  (The first requires some maturity and the second is not family-friendly, by the way.)  We liked not only being able to listen to a book that we didn’t have time to read, but also being able to share in the experience together.  

I am thankful for audiobooks, that they provide a way in which my husband and I can enjoy a book together.  I believe that it’s important in marriage to do things together that we enjoy, and am delighted at the versatility in things (like books becoming audiobooks) that God has allowed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment