Friday, July 12, 2013

Voicemail


Have you ever called someone and the phone rang and rang and never went to voicemail or an answering machine?  It’s annoying because you need to tell the person something, and, though you’d be fine with leaving a message, there isn’t a way to leave one.  Sad face.

I am thankful for voicemail (and answering machines), and for the ability to tell someone something important even though he or she isn’t there.  I am also thankful for my own voicemail, so that I can receive such messages from others.  Messages can be rather important.

I am glad, though, that God doesn’t have voicemail.  My “messages” go straight to Him.  He always answers when His children call... even if it’s the answer that we usually hate:  wait.  

There are times when He seems farther away, but I have found that the feeling is usually due to a sin that I’m holding onto.  Sin is what keeps us “apart” from God, which is why we had to accept Christ and the perfect sacrifice of His Son to atone for our sins and bridge the gap that sin creates between God and us.  That feeling that God is far away is a big warning signal in my own life that I really need to examine myself - especially my motives.

Does it feel like you’re getting God’s voicemail?  Hang in there and have faith.  If you pursue Him, He will reveal Himself.  That’s a promise:  “You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment