Monday, September 10, 2012

My Church


Acts 20:28
“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.”

There is so much about my church that I am thankful for.  The overall reason would have to be that our leadership truly strives to adhere to what God’s Word tells us, and what He desires for us, His children.  That manifests itself in a myriad ways, because God’s Word speaks to so many different things, but each of these ways just confirms to me that our leadership is comprised of true and diligent shepherds.

Every new event or ministry is juxtaposed with our mission (“We exist to magnify God,  to win, build, and equip for ministry.”), which has been determined based upon what the Bible has outlined as the purpose for a church.  They also analyze whether the new event or ministry will take away from other events or ministries, or crowd the schedule with too many activities, thus drawing families away from their number one ministry - their own family.  Our primary ministry is Community Groups (which is another name for Small Groups).  This ministry is based, as per our mission, on building and equipping our church body to serve one another, as well as to branch out to our community.

I am so blessed to be a part of my church community.  To be able to serve collaboratively alongside my fellow believers - and especially my friends - is a humbling and edifying experience.  I get excited just thinking about it.  May we remain true to His purpose in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment