Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Distraction


Philippians 4:8
“Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.”

For those times when I’m having difficulty in my thought life, and I can’t seem to pull healthy thoughts together, I am thankful for distraction.  This gives me that extra bit of help I need to peek through the dark clouds to see just a little sunshine that puts everything in a better perspective.  The content of the distraction matters, however, or it cannot pull you out of the dark.

This is why Meditation is so important.  It is not only a preventative measure to keep our thoughts from depression, stress, anxiety, and [insert your issue here], but it can be used to replace those thoughts once we have gone there.  For those times, however, when we have let it go too far, God has given us distraction to help us focus on something of “excellence.”  It is during these times that we need some outside source to help us stop spiraling in the dark storm clouds.  (Just don’t let it go too far and keep you from dealing with the issue once you’ve surfaced.)

This time for me it was a decent movie.  What are some things that you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment