Thursday, September 6, 2012

Instruction


Proverbs 1:2-3
“To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,
To receive instruction in wise behavior,
Righteousness, justice and equity...”

I am thankful for instruction.  Proverbs, for instance, as stated above, was written down for our instruction.  There are so many nuggets to glean from it.  Some verses don’t have a very apparent meaning - it mentions “the words of the wise and their riddles” in verse 6.  However, I have found that as life progresses, and as the Holy Spirit guides, He has applied some of those verses toward a situation that I have found myself in.  I wouldn’t have understood it, but for someone taking the time to write it down for me for the time at which I would be able to understand it.

God often seems to work that way.  Though you may not understand it now, continue to Meditate on it, and He may well reveal the meaning in time.  (See Weekly Impressions - Words of the Wise for an example of this in my life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment