Thursday, September 27, 2012

Patience

I am thankful that God gave me the patience to deal correctly with my child.  I have been having trouble getting him to go to sleep when I try to put him down - and the problem has seemed to be with me, since others don’t seem to have as much of an issue.  I was trying to determine what the cause might be and realized that I have been letting him get down from my lap when he wants to, thinking that I could let him run some of his energy out.

So tonight I decided to try a different tack.  I usually have an issue with loud noises - a crying baby not least of these.  I have only been able to rely upon the grace of God for the ability to deal with a crying baby.  When my son is fighting me directly, my limit has (generally) seemed to be approximately 30 seconds... not a great track record.  This is why I am so thankful that God gave me the patience to deal with my son for 4 minutes of crying while fighting me directly - and I didn’t have a problem at all.  (I know that’s nothing on some moms.  I am truly blessed with an easy baby.)

This was a great victory for me, and I was only able to do it through God’s power.  I am thankful for the patience that He granted me!

No comments:

Post a Comment