Thursday, November 8, 2012

Laptops


Laptops are just handy.  Especially nowadays when you can take one to your nearest Starbucks or internet cafe and access just about anything you might need on your laptop on the internet.  You can jot down some notes, write an essay, budget your money, pay your bills, book a trip - name almost anything and you can do it from your laptop these days.

I love having a laptop because of the mobility, which creates flexibility.  It doesn’t matter where I am when my blog needs to be written, because my laptop is always with me.  As long as there’s some power left in the battery, I can write.  I can also listen to some mood music, which is another little handy feature.  Pop in some Headphones and I can almost create my own little atmosphere away from home.

This allows me to make the most of my time.  For instance, I often write my blog postings while I’m in the car and my husband is driving us home.  I couldn’t do this with pen and paper, because it’s too dark, and a light would distract my husband.  However, turn the brightness down on a laptop screen (which I like anyway, since it’s so dark outside), and voila!  Instant access to a means to put thoughts to “paper.”  

So I thank God for laptops, that He has provided a way for me to be able to spend quality time with my husband while I am at home and still get to bed at a decent time.  Without it, I would have to nix my blog, but God has been using my blog in my life toward many good ends.  It has helped me begin to discipline my mind to seek Him in more of life each day; to have a discipline of writing each day - something I rather enjoy; and through these, God has caused me to grow.  It’s neat to see how God uses things in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment