Friday, February 1, 2013

Water

Jeremiah 10:12
"It is He who made the earth by His power, who established the world by His wisdom; and by His understanding He stretched out the heavens."


I love water. I love to swim in it and feel my weight lift a little, and the way the water spreads and showcases my hair. I love to quench my thirst with it, to feel the rain on my face, and even to watch what happens when you slosh it around in a water bottle. I also love to chew on ice - sorry to those of you who can’t stand listening to those of us who do. There are so many things I love about water - including the ability to quickly warm myself with it.

Water is an incredibly versatile substance. It is present in most, if not all, living organisms. It expands when frozen, increases the air’s humidity when heated, disperses weight, cleanses your body, washes dirt off, provides power with its kinetic energy, and can even cut if applied correctly. Many of our needs can be met by using water in some fashion.

God gave us water as one of the basics of life, and it’s no coincidence it covers 75% of our earth. He knew what He was doing when He spoke the world into existence, and He knows what He’s doing today. I thank God He chose to create one of the substances of our most basic makeup with such versatility. He is so infinitely wise and knowledgeable in all He does. How can I do anything but praise Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment