Wednesday, June 19, 2013

League of Legends


I mentioned League of Legends before in LAN Parties.  It’s a free-to-play online game that’s a bit of a cross between a shooter and a tower defense game (played with 3 or 5 people on 2 opposing teams).  It can be pretty fun - especially with friends.

My day was a bit frustrating with my little one, and I found myself edgy and irritable at the end of it... to call a spade a spade, I was rather self-focused.  What did I turn to?  Well... Distraction.  It isn’t always the best option, but it is an option.  LoL (for short) can be pretty frustrating with the wrong crowd, so I enlisted a good friend to play with.  As it happened, I ended up playing a support role in both rounds that we played, which was really quite perfect, as it helped me to think about how I could help my friend do well, which helped shift my focus off of myself.  In truth, it’s not a big shift, but it was the start I needed.

I am thankful that God used League of Legends to help shift my focus off of myself and bring it to bear on others.  Now, I think my feelings have subsided to the point that I can focus on reading my Bible, and thus listen to what God has to say and get my focus back where it should truly be.  Thank You, Lord, for how You guide us back to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment