Saturday, January 4, 2014

Weekly Impressions - Moment-by-Moment Choices

Marriage can be tough.  Everyone knows that.  Honestly, any relationship can be tough.  When one human interacts with another, our sin will surface at some point in some way.  It’s not the most pleasant of experiences - but, to quote Alfred Lord Tennyson, “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”

I am thankful that my Savior is gracious with me when I sin.  His love is better than life, and the ability to be a conduit of that love is even better still.  If I can keep the mindset of showing His love to my husband when sin rears its ugly head, then any “suffering” is by the grace of God for our good.  God also promises a reward for those who suffer for His name.  Of course, that means that I need to be pointing back to Him within my suffering.  Not always an easy thing to do.  Joyous, however, when accomplished.  

Christ also promises the strength to live by His name and will.  I have to choose His will moment-by-moment.  My choices weren’t all made in love, and I had to confess that to and ask forgiveness of my husband.  We both did.

What choices have you made today?

No comments:

Post a Comment