Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Worth

I am thankful that my worth is found in Christ.  My perfect Savior took on my sins and paid the penalty for them, lavishing His grace and mercy upon me.  I find my worth in His love.  

It is easy for me to forget that His love is not based upon anything that I do.  My actions do not change His love for me, nor the amount of pleasure that He takes within me.  Certainly, my actions reflect upon Him, and when I sin, I am a poor witness of His love, but when He looks at me He doesn’t see me; He sees His Son, my Savior.

The measure of His grace astounds me.  I am so thankful that what I do doesn’t have to be driven by a sense of worth, but is driven by a desire to please Him.  If I don’t please Him, I have but to confess, repent, and move on.  He doesn’t tell me to wallow in sorrow; He is not a god of sorrow, but of joy.


Thank You, Lord, for Your love, and the worth that You grant me.

No comments:

Post a Comment