Thursday, August 2, 2012

Air Conditioning


1 Corinthians 8:6
“...yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.”
It’s been hot here in California, and I am thankful for air conditioning!  My car doesn’t have it, but my office does.  It’s nice to be able to retreat into its cool confines rather than roast and sweat in the heat.  (Which brings me to a shout-out for the military over in Iraq and Afghanistan who have to wear all their gear in hotter weather than this.)
Once again, I can see God’s provision in my life.  All things are the Lord’s.  As a recipient of His grace, His unmerited favor, God has chosen to meet another of my desires (see Small Desires Met).  Refuge from the heat may not be as small a desire as the precise number of paperclips I need, but I could certainly survive without it.  I am glad that He bestows His things on His children.
What things has God given you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment