Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kleenex


Mark 10:15
“Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.” 

Albert Einstein once said, “There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle.”  It’s like seeing the world from the point of view of a young child.

It seems to me that a childlike faith is to have faith that what God says is true, but to continually seek out their favorite question:  “Why?”  If they don’t receive the answer, it doesn’t really bother them, because they know that it must be.  However, they will often attack the same problem from a different angle, still seeking the why.

My 9-month-old son can’t talk, but he got his hands on a kleenex box and promptly walked down the hall with a contented smile as he pulled one out after another.  It was as if he were saying, “Oh my gosh, look at this!  It’s so cool!  I pull it out and it comes right back!”  I don’t think I’ve ever truly appreciated the ingenuity engineered into a kleenex box before... I am thankful for the opportunity kleenex gave me to see one of God’s miracles.

When we see the world around us, what do we see?  Are we looking for the signs of God and His kingdom?  When we see them, what is our reaction?  Is it like that of a child?  Or has it become old hat?

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Jenari. I love when I notice little things like that throughout my life, especially when it is my kids that cause me to realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! There are miracles all around, we just need to slow down to notice them! God Bless! Found you through G+ Christian bloggers group! New follower! Please stop by and join our blog community! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete