Thursday, August 16, 2012

Prayer


Hebrews 4:16
“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

Dear God,

Thank you that You are always there - and there to pray to.  Thank you for providing the Way for us to approach your throne with confidence.  Overcome my selfish desires.  Align my will with Yours; teach me Your ways.  Thank you for washing me clean from my sins in Your righteous blood, and help me to daily repent and follow You.  Show me the world through Your eyes.

In Jesus’ name,
Amen.

God is always there to pray to.  I get caught up in daily life and forget that He is there.  That gets me into trouble.  If I can keep my mind on His will and on His presence, He will guide me through the day.  Prayer is our means of communication with God. 

I am so thankful that Jesus made a way for us to approach Him.  I think that’s why my relationship with Him feels so personal.  I can take my struggles to Him.  Sometimes, I struggle with the level of respect I give God, and approach puffed up in my own flesh.  Fortunately for me, He allowed me access to the throne of grace, and while He may discipline me (“...for whom the Lord loves, He reproves, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.” -Proverbs 3:12), He will still forgive me.

Are you forgiven?  Would you like to be?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, because of Jesus' precious blood, shed for me, I am forgiven!
    What an amazing thing it is that we are able to approach the throne of grace and have a personal relationship with our Creator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that it is available to anyone and everyone who is willing to accept Christ as their personal savior!

      Delete