Friday, August 31, 2012

Technological Tools


I am thankful for the ability to use technology to get things done.  By “technological tools,” I don’t mean technology itself, I am referring more to what we can use it to accomplish. For instance, Word and Excel, or Pages and Numbers, or email programs, or  CD duplicators, or iPhone apps - the list would be endless in this day and age.

Technological tools save you loads of time - Word or Pages for example, since you can (in most cases, I venture) type faster than you can write.  Excel and Numbers makes data entry and statistics take far less time and become more automated.  CD duplicators make things far faster than one CD at a time.  iPhone apps often make tools available to you on the go, which can also speed things along - or at least make things more convenient.

I admit that it promotes the temptation to be in a faster, busier mode, but the tool isn’t what chooses to make you busier.  It’s there to free more time up for you.  What you do with that time is your choice.  And so - as with all tools - when used with wisdom, technological tools are invaluable.  (Hopefully this reminds us to keep our priorities straight.)

I am thankful that God made a way for us to have technological tools, with which I can increase my efficiency, so that I can attend to more of the things that I enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment