Friday, November 15, 2013

His Understanding


As things degenerate with my chronic condition, I cannot express how much I appreciate my husband’s understanding.  I haven’t been able to do as much, whether it’s the chores, taking care of our two-year-old, or even (this past week) to not go to work for a day.  There has been no accusation that I’m shirking my responsibilities or being lazy, and he has picked up some of the slack that I have dropped.  

I do think this is due (at least in small part) to our communication.  I have tried to be intentional about letting him know how I’m feeling, and he has been asking what I would like to get done.  Between the two, we are able to give and take to do what needs to be done.  Having that understanding with him relieves a huge weight of responsibility that I know I would put on myself otherwise.  In a way, it’s as though he supports my conclusion that I shouldn’t (or perhaps can’t) do as much.  The Lord has given me a true blessing in having that understanding with my husband.

I pray that the Lord would continue to guide us in our understanding of and with one another.  I thank the Lord for my husband's ministry to me of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment