Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Better than Life

Psalm 63:3
"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You."

Lord,

I know I have been selfish this past week - and especially in the last couple days.  Even as I recognized it, I had trouble pulling my focus back to You.  I thank You for Your patience.  Thank You that, no matter what we do, You still love us, having adopted us as Your children.  Thank You that I am learning to be more like You, despite my failings.  Thank You for Your Divine Power that grants us everything that we need for life and godliness.  (2 Peter 1:3)

Thank You for the ability to live in Your Joy.  Thank You that we don’t have to focus on ourselves, and for being who You are.  Thank You that You also give us others here on whom to pour Your love.  Help me especially to remember to pour out Your love to my husband.

Your lovingkindness is better than life.  I am overwhelmingly privileged to live in Your love.

Thank You, Lord,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment