Friday, November 8, 2013

Leadership


As my husband continues in biblical counseling, he is learning more and more about how to lead.  The latest area he has been learning about is that of a wife’s duties.  How is this pertinent to him?  He needs to know what is appropriate to expect of me.  

His standard in regard to the house is pretty low (by his own admission), which leaves me to my own standards.  However, I hadn’t realized how... well... stressful that was for me.  Not necessarily because my own standards were too high, but because I didn’t know what was expected of me.

Today (with the start of my monthly), my emotions were pretty haywire and I had quite a bit of trouble reining them in.  I was also quite tired, and really didn’t want to work on the house while I tended to my little two-year-old man.  I struggle at times with whether or not this is an issue of laziness, or that my chronic issues are calling for a needed timeout.  These, and a couple other factors, led to a tearful breakdown this morning.

My husband came and held me, and I communicated to him the above issues that I was struggling with.  He helped me to take one step at a time, and to pull back from my scattered wits and see God.  He came up with a reasonable chore or two, and communicated those expectations well.  It was then that I truly relaxed.  Not to say that this was the reason that I hadn’t been relaxed, but knowing exactly what was expected and that it was well within my current abilities - hurting and tired or not - was a very nice place to be.

My Savior has been working through my husband in a big way through leadership, and I am very thankful for that.  I pray that our understanding of one another (and of God) continues to increase and bear God’s fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment