Monday, November 4, 2013

Checking In


My husband has been making an effort of late to check in with me to see what I want to do - what I want to get done, if I want to rest, my priorities, and my desires in general.  It has been nice, as his motive is to take responsibility and lead our family in our activities and time.  

Our main struggle has been in our definition of terms, and realizing what we are actually asking of one another.  For instance, when he asks me what I want to do, he isn’t really asking what I’d like to accomplish that day, he’s asking what my desires are behind the tasks that I want to accomplish.  It’s twisting my brain around a bit, as I don’t usually think that way.  It’s good exercise.

I am thankful that he checks in with me, and that God uses that to refine our communication.  I pray that we continue to know one another better, and to improve in the area of communication - and thus, in our unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment