Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Midnight Watch

Our two-year-old son has recently been waking up in the middle of the night.  I’m not quite sure what the cause is, but I do think that he hasn’t been eating enough, and may be waking up hungry.  In any case, my husband has decided to take over "the midnight watch.”

This is a real blessing for me, as my sleep has been pretty hit-and-miss as to whether or not I wake up refreshed.  It isn’t that I’m up at night thinking - I’ve actually gone to sleep rather well lately.  It’s that my actual sleep may be restful one night, and then not for the next three.  As to the reason, I can only guess that my physical issues play a factor.


I am thankful that my husband takes the midnight watch for me.  I hear our son’s cries first, but he has me wake him up so that he can deal with it while I rest.  Once again, I am blessed by my Savior’s ministry to me through my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment