Monday, January 27, 2014

Space

My husband worked this weekend to put the face frame together for our Pantry Project as I watched our little man.  Things were going well until after lunch, when he brought the frame in to see how it looked on the pantry.  My poor sweetheart had put the frame together backwards.  

Aside from using screws, he had also wood glued it, and let it dry during lunch.  There was nothing for it but to try taking it apart to see if it would actually come apart.  It didn’t.  There was one piece that had to come off, so we took it off, and the wood splintered.  All told, it was about $100 worth of wood.  My husband was a bit upset.

I was able to offer my help, but I was also thankful for the wisdom to allow him some space.  He wasn’t throwing things, or yelling, but there were several frustrated words and sounds.  I probably would have done the same, but I also knew that it wasn’t the most godly of attitudes.  I didn’t say much - just let him know I was there to support him - and let him figure it out with God.


Space was what he needed, and I am thankful that I was able to provide it.  He continued working on the project, and I’m sure he spoke with God.  He determined that, while the pantry wouldn’t look as nice as it would have, the wood would have to do.  He was able to make peace with that and be content.  I am thankful for the Lord’s work in my husband’s life, and that it certainly isn’t reliant upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment