Saturday, April 19, 2014

"It's Okay, Mommy"

Dear Lord,

Thank You for the way that You work in little children.  My son is so cute!  I fell on my walk and bloodied my knee through my pants - not badly, thanks to You, but enough that I decided to put a bandaid on part of it.  When I got home later, my little man asked his daddy for a bandaid to put on a scratch on his foot.

“Mommy has a bandaid, too,” I told him and lifted my pant leg to reveal the bandaid (and a little blood beside it).

He stared at it for second, then looked me in the eyes and said, “It’s okay, Mommy.  It’s okay.”

I couldn’t help but crack up!  I realized that’s what I tell him when he gets an owie, and that he was most seriously trying to comfort me.  It was so precious.

Thank You that at his level of understanding, his little heart wanted to make sure that I knew it was okay.  I pray for Your work in his life, that You would continue to grow His heart in Your ways, and that he would learn why it’s okay.  I pray that He would turn to You and repent of his sin, and that we, his parents, would help guide him to You.  Thank You, Lord, for “It’s okay, Mommy.”


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment