Saturday, April 5, 2014

Memorization

Psalm 119:105
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

Psalm 119:11
“Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.”


Dear Lord,

Thank You that You teach us through Your Word, and that we can memorize it to mull it over throughout the day.  You have been cultivating a greater respect in my heart for the memorization of Scripture, and I have already seen some results.  If there is one thing that You have taught me in this walk with You, it’s that the best thing that I can do is to focus on You throughout the day.  Memorization aids this immensely, if I intentionally use the Scripture that I have memorized to meditate on You.

It’s exciting to come up with questions as I meditate on You.  Questions that I can research in Your Word, or ask through other people who have researched Your Word.  That curiosity is one of the ways in which I can keep my love for You real.  Thank You for that.  I pray that You continue to impress the importance of memorization on my wandering heart, and that I continue in the discipline.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment