Thursday, April 10, 2014

Self-Adjustment

Dear Lord,

The way You take care of me is amazing.  Thank You for the gift of an unexpected self-adjustment.  As I lied in bed with my neck pain, I figured it couldn’t hurt anything to try to hold one of the exercises that I would ordinarily do in short sets.  I think I held it for five minutes against the resistance of the pillow.  The resulting sensations were a bit strange and uncomfortable, but I sustained the hold in determination.  Once finished, all I did was shift in bed, and my neck popped… so that it didn’t hurt anymore to just lie down.  Other movements hurt, but it no longer hurt to just rest.  That made going to sleep so much easier.

I haven’t been able to duplicate the adjustment, but that really just makes it clearer to me that You were involved.  I am all the more thankful that You allowed it at the time.  Thank You, Lord, for Your care in that self-adjustment.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment