Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Husband's Search for Needs

Dear Lord,

You have blessed me with a wonderful husband.  After our conversation in which I told him that it helped me to feel connected to him when we could do projects together, he suggested a bit of work on our tree’s runners.  I enjoyed getting to work beside him.  There wasn’t much I could support him in, aside from cutting up the branches and throwing them in the green waste, but it was something else that really communicated his love to me.

As we lopped off small branches with our shears, it became apparent to him that the shears needed to be sharpened… so he filed them (so much easier!).  As we continued our project, he noticed various other little projects about the yard that needed doing - and tended to them.  I felt provided for.  I felt loved.

Thank You, Lord, for my husband who searches for needs.

In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment