Friday, August 16, 2013

Vacation


My family and my husband’s parents left this past Sunday to spend six days and five nights at a lake for our vacation.  Without the Hospitality of friends of ours, who let us use their cabin while up here, and without my in-laws’ Servants’ Hearts, I wouldn’t have been able to use my vacation for the very thing that I look forward to in a vacation:  time to devote to hobbies.

In the past, I have focused this time on the christian fantasy novel that I have been writing (since my junior year of high school... I know).  I haven’t had much time to devote to the novel - especially since I began this blog - and have decided to put it on hold for a time.  Since the person who is checking the theological accuracy of my first devotional journal (see Devotional Journals) is not yet finished, there isn’t much I can do to get that printed yet, either.  So... this leaves plenty of time for other hobbies - like Knitting and crocheting.

I have been able to finish a sweater, finish a hat, crochet roughly five headbands, and begin another hat (the pattern for which I found on Ravelry.com with the Hotspot from my iPhone).  I’ve also been able to catch up on a couple of things... chores, really, but I’m glad for the Productivity.  All this, while still able to spend time with my husband and son and enjoy a few games with the in-laws.  It has also allowed me a little time to dwell on God and His goodness; my attitude has seen an improvement. 

I am thankful that the Lord gave my family this vacation!  We leave tomorrow, but I will be glad to see other family and friends once we are back home.  The Lord has given us a nice reprieve before my husband begins a new school year and I head back to work.  I pray that I may continue in His Rest when I return to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment