Monday, March 25, 2013

Productivity


I’ve had a cold this past week, so I’ve been trying to lie low with respect to exertion.  In the past, I have played video games while sick, and noticed that I didn’t get well as soon, so that includes mental exertion.  So over the weekend - with frequent rests - I have been Knitting and working on the book that I am designing from the first 100 thankful things in this blog.  (You can see more about that under the tab above entitled “Devotional Journals.”)

I progressed quite a bit on both!  Knowing that you’ve been productive - especially when you’re sick - feels like an accomplishment.  Yet as I enjoy that feeling, I must be careful to temper it with the knowledge that I am only able to accomplish anything by the grace of God.  I have no right to be prideful.

“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever.  Amen.” (Romans 11:36)  “All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.” (John 1:3)

God is the reason that I can even breathe at this moment.  There are so many facets of that one function that require survival:  He created our lungs to breathe; the structure of the atoms and molecules to form the lungs; the bodily systems that require the oxygen from the air; each of the elements that are in the air... you get the idea.  That is a pretty big God.

I’m not saying that’s it’s sin to enjoy accomplishment - we were made to enjoy God, “...who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.” (1 Tim 6:17c).  I’m just loving the knowledge that God is in control of the tiniest details, and thus, am thankful that He gave me the gift of productivity this weekend.  I pray that I might get to see some of the ways in which the work that I accomplished will glorify Him.

What has God been orchestrating in your life this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment