Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blossoms

Psalm 63:6-8
"When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, for You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."


Lord,

Your blossoms make me smile.
Such a soft and pretty thing:
Op'ning on the branch,
Blanketing bare limbs.

You catch them up with wind -
They float upon the breeze.
Dancing, spritely beckoning
Bright laughs in Your creation.

Alone, I’ll join the dance.
With others, smile and laugh.
Your gaiety is infectious,
May I practice it wisely.

May I spread it when appropriate,
Value its presence when not,
And always may I meditate
Upon Your works;
Upon Your glory;
Upon Your grace;
Upon Your love.

Amen.


Have you ever felt like God was being playful in the way He carries the blossoms on the wind, encouraging You to join Him in the fun? When I walk through life conscious of His presence - usually through my meditation on Him - it's like He shares so much more with me; life often feels much more light-hearted. What difference would you see in the world around you if you saw Him in each moment and task?

No comments:

Post a Comment