Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Marvelous God

Isaiah 25:1
“O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; for You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.”


I love God. I can’t express enough how awesome it is that - though I revile Him through my sinful actions - every day, every hour, every moment, He draws me back to Himself with the perfect love only He possesses. Despite my idolatry, He gives me answered prayer, and joy, and victory, and doors, and comforters and every thing in my life that is good and perfect. (James 1:17) That is the God I serve.

His Holy Spirit is teaching me humility, and I think I’m actually beginning to get an inkling of what it looks like in minute corners of my life. God has blessed me with so much less depression and so much more joy. When I feel frustration, or anger, or complaint rising, I can catch it much quicker. The first thing I tell myself? “God means this for my good - so smile at His victory, and enjoy the journey.” I cannot tell you how much it changes the outcome of my day. Life is so much more joy-filled when there is less of me and more of Him.

I think God's voice is clearer when we take the time to marvel at Him. Our wonder keeps us more humble, and it's easier to enjoy His gifts, too. How often do you marvel at God?

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome testimony to God's work in your life! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete