Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Flash Drives

Psalm 103:10-11
"He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him."


Today was one of those somewhat slow days until the last hour of the work day. Then it got hectic - and the work day became longer. We wanted to get some street signage to direct people to our Easter service, which is at a different location this year, and I had never handled any printing or graphics so large. We had a call in to someone who did, but - as always - we waited until the last minute.

So, having called around to get an inkling of the options available, I worked up a little something simple. However, the person did call toward the end of the day, and we worked up a much better sign. She had lots of helpful tips. I had already stayed an extra hour at work by this time. Now the problem was getting it to the company for printing. I hadn’t realized it, but the file was 677Mb... that’s a big file (and would explain why the computer took soooo loooong, lol). How was I going to get something so big to the company? Now that I thought about it, I actually had two files that size. That’s over a gig... I remembered I had a flash drive in my backpack, and quickly checked it for the size... 8GB - yes! The company was local, so I could hand deliver it with my flash drive. Thank the Lord!

I am thankful for God's grace in providing a flash drive to do what I needed at the last minute. I've been known to be a procrastinator in the past, and have been blessed at the number of times God has graciously bailed me out. I'm not nearly so bad anymore - this procrastination wasn't actually mine! Yet the Lord still bailed us out, and I'm thankful for the relief I felt in knowing I could get the job done with my flash drive. I made it to the company with fifteen minutes to spare. How’s that for God’s Schedule?


Has the Lord ever used something to bail you out at the last moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment