Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nighttime

Ecclesiastes 3:1
"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven..."


I am a night person. I get a second wind around 9:00-9:30pm during which I feel as though I can actually get some chores done or do something fun. The trouble is, everyone else seems to be getting ready to wind down for the night. I also have a day job (which I love), and thus, must curb my nightly ventures. Yet I still love nighttime.

I am thankful God made nighttime, because of its relaxing atmosphere of stillness. I used to call my second wind “relaxed energy,” because even though I have the energy to do something, it’s the kind of energy that can be channeled into most anything and still be content. It isn’t the type of frantic energy that must be used. It simply is.

I pray God would help to teach me the delicate balance of how to choose between what to work on during that time - or if it's time to simply rest. May His wisdom guide my choices. How do you spend your moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment