Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sunshine

John 10:14-15
"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep."


It was a beautiful day today. The new spring growth budded a brilliant green in the warm suns’ rays. That light and new growth make His creation so prominent I can’t avoid thinking about Him. God steps in front of me, so to speak, and waves, “Here I am!”

The sunshine often feels to me like God’s warm and loving embrace saying, “You are My child.” There’s a lot in that statement. It is both a protection and a command. As His child, I can have the peace and contentment of knowing He's looking out for me. Yet it is also a command to shine His glory. His glory is all around anyway, but He invites me to be a part of it. To walk in His sunshine, and to reflect its glow to those around me.

I am thankful for the physical, spiritual, and metaphorical messages of sunshine. May my thoughts be filled with Him, that He may overflow. Would you walk through life differently if you considered how to show His light to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment