Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God's Schedule

Romans 8:28
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."


I am thankful for God’s schedule - that He is in control. 

Have you ever encountered a project whose deadline seemed impossible to meet, and you prayed and you worked - and lo and behold, the deadline comes and the project is actually finished? I call that God’s schedule. Or when I'm running late as I drive, pray like crazy - don't speed - and somehow arrive on time. I wonder sometimes if He doesn’t warp time in the same way He multiplied the five loaves and two fish to feed the five thousand.

As the church secretary, I was so thankful today to be able to see God’s schedule take place with a project that had to be completed for a biblical counseling class presented tonight. It always seems easier to rest in the Lord when I know circumstances are beyond my control. I hadn’t received the needed material to work with until - what seemed to me - too late.

Yet I knew if God wanted the material presented, He would see it presented. So I didn’t stress about it... actually, I rather enjoyed the process, and laughed and joked with my colleagues. When I felt my heart beating faster, I would just turn back to Him and pray for strength and endurance to do what I could do, then rest again in His sovereign plan. Apparently, it was His desire to see all of the material presented - as that is just what He did through us. What a privilege to be part of His plan!

God’s schedule is truly wonderful to behold, and I am glad for faith in the God who can manipulate time and space according to His will. That will is for His glory, and the good of those who love Him. This is His promise to His children, and never will He separate those two, no matter how bad things may seem, for they have a symbiotic relationship! Your joy glorifies Him! (Check out the link to see what kind of joy I'm actually talking about.)

Can you rest in the joy of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment