Friday, March 29, 2013

Humidifiers

2 Corinthians 4:16
"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day."


My cold turned into laryngitis almost a week ago, and I lost my voice. It didn’t hurt, but I was having difficulty controlling the coughing. If there’s one thing I’ve found to help coughing, it’s water. Since I can’t shove water down my throat while sleeping, I have set up our humidifier the past four or five nights. It’s been great!

I am thankful for God’s gift of our humidifier, that He is using it to ease my symptoms and help me get better faster. It is a blessing to be the recipient of the Lord’s care - and we receive it every moment of every day, even when it doesn’t feel like it. Those moments, similar to being sick, can feel miserable. Yet they are still an example of God’s glory and His grace.

Paul wrote about this in 2 Corinthians 4:15-18: “For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.”

I am thankful for His mercies here, such as humidifiers to ease my sickness, but I look forward to the “day” of eternity, knowing this “momentary light affliction” is temporal, not eternal. Therefore I will not lose heart, but continue in God’s renewal day by day. What helps you focus on eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment