Friday, March 22, 2013

Ravelry.com

Proverbs 31:13-14
"She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight. She is like merchant ships; she brings her food from afar."


I've enjoyed various knitting projects since my grandma showed me how as a child. There's something fulfilling and therapeutic about it. I can still be productive while I sit! Recently, I've developed the desire to knit myself a dress or skirt and there aren’t many in the catalogs I get, so I knew I’d have to try a google search or something. This would mean a lot of research to find one I liked, find an appropriate yarn, purchase it all, and hope the pattern was good. However, a friend sat me down and showed me Ravelry.com, where all of that has already been done! Not only is everything in one place, but you get a creative idea brainstorm! That’s my kind of website. 

I am thankful God created a place (through human hands) for knitters (and crocheters) to easily and quickly trade information, and for the orchestration of my friend introducing me. I haven’t selected which dress or skirt to make yet, but I have compiled a group from which to narrow down my selection. Ravelry makes this so much easier! Being able to tap into the pool of knowledge of the other knitters is an incredibly valuable resource, which will allow me to increase my knitting skills, with which I'll be able to make many gifts!

What tool has God given you to increase the skills He's blessed you with?

No comments:

Post a Comment