Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Pliable

Psalm 25:4-5
"Make me know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day."


Lord,

Help me not to become calloused to Your instruction and to gloss over Your reminders. Keep my heart humble and pliable in Your hands. May I not disregard opinions until I have considered them in Your light. Teach me to empty myself so I might fill myself with You. May my heart never grow cold.

In Jesus’ Name, amen.


There are times in life when I catch myself going through the motions. Somewhere along the way, I lose the drive behind my Christian walk. This also means I lose my joy. This is unveils the importance of the battlefield of thoughts (what I choose to fill them with, and what I choose not to think about). If not intentional in my meditations, I cripple myself, driven by the flow of circumstances. I lose sight of God's love, and my heart grows cold and rigid. As difficult as "...taking every thought captive according to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5b) can be, the alternative is worse.

His love fuels the hope and subsequent joy that makes life life! "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..." (1 Peter 1:3). 


Have you noticed your heart grow cold, or are you going through the motions of life? What have you been thinking about? Confront your thoughts with God's truth - His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment