Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blue

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."


Today was a bit rough, because I struggled with my attitude. I was depressed about something and had a difficult time not focusing on myself and perpetuating the problem. As I drove out of a parking lot at the end of the day, I looked up to see a serene cloudy sky tinted a beautiful color of blue and immediately recognized God’s hand. As I looked around, the whole outside world was tinted in various shades of blue light. I smiled at the parallel of me being depressed, but even more, God spoke to my heart in that one scene about blue not having to signify depression. That blue scene didn’t depict melancholy or gloom, it spoke of calm, beauty, quiet... peace.

I didn’t have to be depressed, because the peace of God could fill me. Even when I struggle to draw upon it, God can meet me in my depraved state and bestow it upon me. That was what He did in that moment. Not that the whole world turned happy, but He helped me to perceive things differently. Closer to the way He sees them, I think.

I am thankful for the color blue, that God used it to speak His peace into my heart. We are so blessed to have such a relationship with Him! God communicates with each of His children in many different ways. What was the last way He communicated with you, and what did He communicate?

No comments:

Post a Comment